Any non-Cypriot, non-EU citizen is eligible to invest if he fulfills criteria of the Cyprus Investment Program. The applicant has to fulfil the financial criteria from the Part One accompanied with one Option of his choice from Part Two criteria.
The criteria must be met either personally or through a company in which he participates as a shareholder (in proportion to his percentage) or
Through investments done by the his/her spouse or jointly with the spouse or apply as a high-ranking senior manager of a company that fulfils the financial Option Part 1 and one choice from the Part Two criteria.
High ranking senior managers may also apply provided that they receive such a remuneration that generates for the Republic tax revenues of at least €100,000 over a three-year period and provided that this tax has already been paid or prepaid.
The qualified applicant has to make the necessary investments during the three years preceding the date of the application and must retain the investments for a period of at least five years as from the date of the naturalization.
Part one. ( Compulsory)
Donation of at least €75.000 to the Research and Innovation foundation.
Donation of at least €75.000 to the Cyprus Land development Corporation.
Part Two. (One choice)
Investment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projects.
Investment of at least €2.0 million for the purchase or construction of buildings or for the construction of other land development projects. These projects can be residential, commercial or tourism developments.
Purchase or Establishment or Participation in Cypriot companies or Businesses.
Investment of at least €2,0 million for the purchase or participation in companies established and operating in the republic.
Investment of at least €2,0 million in Alternative Investment Funds or Registered AIF or financial assets of Cypriot companies/organizations that are licensed by Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Combination of all the other investment options, provided that the total investment will amount up to at least €2,0 million.
Residence purchase in Cyprus.
In any case of the selected investment option, the applicant must possess a permanent privately-owned residence in Cyprus the purchase of which must be at least €500.000 plus VAT. In the case that the purchase value of the residence exceeds the amount of €500.000, this additional amount can be used for purposes of supplementing the total amount of the investment made based on the selected option.
Terms and documents.
For the evaluation of the applications the form (M127) as well as the following documents must be submitted.
RESIDENCE IN THE REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS.
- Contract of Sale.
- Title Deeds or Proof of Registration of the contract with the Lands and Surveys Department.
- Proof of payment of the agreed purchase price.
- Copy of the wire transfer to a Cypriot commercial banking institution in the name of the seller or the seller’s company.
- An evaluation certificate from an independent registered land surveyor, if required by the Ministry of Interior or the Ministry of Finance.
- Town-planning permit, provided that it is required by the Town and Country Planning Law.
- Declaration by the mortgage lender in the benefit of whom the purchased property or properties is mortgaged that will waive the mortgage, provided that the investor or the seller will pay the lender the amount conscribed in the declaration (bank waiver).
- Project completion certificate signed by the architect of the project. If the purchased property is under construction it is required either to maintain an amount equal to the 5% of the purchase value in a special account or for the seller to issue in the benefit of the purchaser a performance bank guarantee equal to the 5% of the purchase value.
CLEAN CRIMINAL RECORD.
- Certificate of Clean Criminal Record from the country of origin and the country of residence (if different).
- Due Diligence Report issued through an internationally accepted database ensured through a subscription (e.g. World Check, LexisNexis Diligence, Regulatory DataCorp Inc. etc.). The report must be dated no later than thirty days from the date of its submission.
- Declaration by the applicant concerning any citizenship applications he/she may have submitted in any other member-state or member-states of the European Union.
CRITERIA REGARDING THE INVESTMENT.
- Certificate of Registration of the company/ companies by the Registrar of Companies.
- Certificate of shareholders by the Registrar of Companies or certificates evidencing that the applicant is the beneficiary owner of the company/ companies.
- Audited accounts of the company (or companies) for the last three years preceding the year of the application.
- If the applicant is a high-ranking senior manager, the submission of the employment contract and the receipt from the Department of Inland Revenue are additionally required.
- If the investment is made by the spouse of the applicant or jointly, a marriage certificate is required.
Copy of a valid Schengen Visa.
Documents Required for each case.
Donation to the Research and Innovation Foundation and the Cyprus Land Development CorporationDonation to the Research and Innovation Foundation and the Cyprus Land Development Corporation.
Investment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projectsInvestment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projects.
Purchase or Establishment or Participation in Cypriot Companies or Businesses Purchase or Establishment or Participation in Cypriot Companies or Businesses.
Investment in Alternative Investment Funds.
How can our experts help you?
Advice the applicant on all the requirements and details arising from the economic criteria, as well as guide him through the required steps
Interview and examine the applicant’s case in order to suggest the most effective way to meet the criteria
Assist and suggest investment targets and opportunities
Examine and suggest on the legal side of the purchase agreement
Assist and examine any tax implications
Pre clearance checks with authorities
Real estate - Due diligence
Assist and preparation of all the required documents of the application
Ongoing monitoring of the application